Having conducted two community consultations Network Homes are excited to report that they have come up with a final design for the redevelopment of the Stockwell Hall of Fame. Their proposal for the new space includes:
· Removing the existing ramp and putting in two new entry points instead. One will be a new stairwell and ramp, replacing the south wall, and the second a smaller staircase, built on the north side
· Put in new flooring to better support sports activities in the space
· Replace part of the east wall with railings to allow better visibility into the space
· Fix the current drainage issues
· Built a new ‘plinth’ in the middle, to allow a ‘centrepiece’ for artwork whilst dividing the space and allowing for different activities to take place in the different halves
· Put in new lighting, CCTV and bins
· Put a new finish to the external walls and plant some new shrubbery around the walls to make the space more attractive
We are hoping this new facility will be able to support a range of activities – from artwork to sport, exercise classes, outdoor markets, outdoor cinema screenings and many more in a safe and welcoming environment. We will look to organise some great new activities when it opens.
We have submitted this proposal to Lambeth Council requesting for planning permission and therefore the formal consultation window with the Council is now open. If you would like to give any feedback, you have until the 20th February to do so. The planning reference number is 18/00360/FUL and the planning officer is Lauren Shallcross – get in touch with Lambeth Council if you would like to give your opinion.
Some indicative pictures are here, but if you want to see more Lambeth planning department have a whole range of drawings available for you to download and look through.
As always, any questions for Network Homes – get in touch at email@example.com and Boyd@signalproject.com
Please comment on the application here https://planning.lambeth.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=P321GSBOLF100
Aerial View of the new Hall Of Fame
View from Aytoun Road
View from Aytoun Road/ end of Broomgrove road
View From Aytoun Road looking towards Burrow House