Thursday 21 February 2013

Artist Profile: Mr Cenz




Artist Mr Cenz has been active within the London Graffiti scene for over 20 years. With his painting and heading up the company Positive arts his work reaches across communities. We had a talk with him during a painting session recently.
What inspires you to paint?

Well firstly I have always had an intrinsic need to paint- otherwise I would go crazy! I am constantly motivated and inspired by the need to improve and achieve more and to intrigue and excite people visually with my work. 
 

Is drawing important in the beginning?

For me drawing is fundamental. Especially if you are painting letters and trying to do something different and unique. I try to spend alot of time drawing and if I haven done enough I can notice in my work. But as always drawing is just a starting point and ability and freedom to freestyle, change and adapt your idea whilst painting is of equal significance. 


what was the inspiration behind positive arts?

I come from a youth work background and have always felt the need to share my skills with others. It is important for young people to have guidance, support and inspiration from professional artists, especially where they have yet to discover their talents. At positive arts we plant the creative seed in young people and hope that they grow and remember their experience. Also an important part of what we do is to enhance, empower and inspire communities to work together and revive redundant grey spaces. Positive and colourful murals can make huge differences to peoples everyday lives!


Where do you want to take your artwork?

I am always striving towards developing my unique style and letterforms and fusing my abstract and graffiti art together. For me being different is always at the forefront of my mind. Also a graffiti artist there is always a natural progression towards painting bigger and bolder.
 
 http://www.mrcenz.com
 http://www.flickr.com/mrcenz

www.positivearts.co.uk
 


No comments:

Post a Comment